Danny Says is a documentary on the life and times of Danny Fields. Since 1966, Danny Fields has played a pivotal role in music and culture of the late 20th century: working for the Doors, Lou Reed, Nico, Judy Collins and managing groundbreaking artists like the Stooges, the MC5 and the Ramones. Danny Says follows Fields from Harvard Law dropout, to the Warhol Silver Factory, to Director of Publicity at Elektra Records, to “punk pioneer” and beyond. Danny’s taste and opinion, once deemed defiant and radical, has turned out to have been prescient. Danny Says is a story of marginal turning mainstream, avant garde turning prophetic, as Fields looks to the next generation.
Danny Says is lead by Fields voice and is largely crafted from over 250 hours of present-day interviews and items from Danny Fields’ immense archive (thousands of photographs, audio cassettes, ephemera).
- Danny Fields & Byron Coley Q&A At Amherst Cinema (October 14th, 2015)
- Danny Fields & Lou Reed Audio Recording (November 7th, 1975)
- Michael Alago On Danny Fields & Henry Rollins Interview Outtake
- Justin Vivian Bond & The Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat Interview Outtake
- Nico, “Evening of Light” Elektra Promo Film featuring The Stooges (Directed By Francois De Menil)
- Interview With Director Brendan Toller
- Theatrical Trailer