Return to the realm of Amazonian warriors, Greek gods and mythological creatures – all unleashed on modern civilization – as Warner Bros. Home Entertainment honors the world’s greatest female super hero with the release of Wonder Woman: Commemorative Edition. The feature-length, PG-13 rated animated film, one of the best-reviewed entries in the decade-long history of the DC Universe Original Movies, will be distributed on Digital HD on May 2, 2017 and on Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD on May 16, 2017.
On the mystical island of Themyscira, a proud and fierce warrior race of Amazons have raised a princess of untold beauty, grace and strength – Diana. When U.S. fighter pilot Steve Trevor crash-lands on the island, the rebellious and headstrong Diana defies Amazonian law by accompanying Trevor back to civilization. Meanwhile, Ares (the God of War) has escaped his imprisonment at the hands of the Amazonians and has decided to exact his revenge by starting a World War that will last for centuries and wipe out every living being on the planet, starting with the Amazons. It is up to Diana to save her people and the world – by using her gifts and becoming the ultimate Wonder Woman!
Led by Golden Globe award winner Keri Russell (The Americans, Waitress, Felicity) as Diana/Wonder Woman, the all-star cast includes four-time People’s Choice Awards winner Nathan Fillion (Castle, Firefly) as Steve Trevor, three-time Tony Award nominee Alfred Molina (Spider-Man 2, Chocolat) as Ares, Rosario Dawson (Daredevil, Sin City) as Artemis, Academy Award nominee Virginia Madsen (Sideways, Candyman) as Hippolyta, David McCallum (NCIS, The Man From U.N.C.L.E.) as Zeus, Emmy Award winner Marg Helgenberger (CSI, China Beach) as Hera, Oliver Platt (X-Men: First Class, Chicago Med) as Hades, and Vicki Lewis (NewsRadio, Godzilla) as Persephone.
Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment, Wonder Woman: Commemorative Edition is directed by Lauren Montgomery (Batman: Year One, Justice League Doom, Voltron) from a story by Gail Simone (Birds of Prey, Secret Six) and Michael Jelenic (Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Teen Titans Go!) with a screenplay by Jelenic. Sam Register serves as executive producer, and Emmy winner Bruce Timm (Batman: The Killing Joke, Batman: The Animated Series) is producer.
- Featurette – What Makes A Wonder Woman: For 75 years, Wonder Woman has resonated with audiences because of her loving nature and quest for truth. Hear some of her biggest fans and fellow creators discuss how her qualities have crafted her into the icon we know today.
- Sneak Peek – Batman and Harley Quinn: Sneak peek at the next DC Universe Original Movie, Batman and Harley Quinn, featuring the talented creators and voice cast.
- Creative Team Commentary: Scene and film analysis by producers Bruce Timm & Gregory Noveck, director Lauren Montgomery and screenwriter Michael Jelenic.
- Featurette – Wonder Woman: A Subversive Dream – A definitive look at a psychologist’ s dream, and the rich history of one of the pillars of DC Comics.
- Featurette – Wonder Woman: Daughter of Myth – This revealing documentary explores the archetype and tradition of the female DC Comics Super Hero.